LAB2MARKET - OCEANS
Lab2Market Oceans (L2M Oceans) is a virtual adaptation of Lab2Market (L2M), specifically developed with partners of the Ocean Startup Project to help grow high-quality ocean tech startups in Atlantic Canada.
Over 7 weeks, L2M Oceans will empower participants to become catalysts in the innovative ocean economy and make an impact locally, nationally and globally
The program requires a full time commitment from the Graduate Student (approx. 30-40hours per week). Other team members have varying commitments. See Program Details for more information.
By the end of the program, participants will:
- Learn the key concepts of business model generation and customer/user discovery.
- Develop and test hypotheses about their business model.
- Engage with key commercial stakeholders.
- Complete a business model canvas and understand the discipline and process of commercialization, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Build critical thinking, collaboration, communication, innovation and entrepreneurship skills.
Deadline for Applicants to Submit Online Application
L2M Notifies Selected Applicants
June 15th – 19th
September 15th – 17th
Incubation / Customer Discovery Period
September 18th – October 26th
October 27th – 28th
We’re looking for graduate students with big ideas who believe their research can solve some of the pressing issues facing the Canadian Ocean sector. Together with the direct involvement of their faculty supervisor and the support of mentors, the graduate students will go through a program that provides the resources, training and guidance needed to take their innovation from lab to market.